Since updating to macOS High Sierra (10.13), a few Mac users have reported that Poker Copilot’s HUD crashes sometimes when they click on HUD panels.
Unfortunately, we don’t have a solution that works for everybody and ultimately the best solution would be to upgrade to the latest OS version.
Here are some actions to take that have fixed this for some users:
- Open the App Store, and install all the recommended updates from Apple
- Download and install Apple’s “Legacy Java” from https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572. Apple has recommended this to solve similar problems experienced by other High Sierra users.
- If Poker Copilot prompts you to upgrade to a newer version, do so.
If the problem still occurs after doing this, then please do the following:
- Completely remove Poker Copilot from your computer by moving the app to the trash and emptying the trash
- Restart your computer
- Download and install Poker Copilot again
If after doing all of this the problem persists, please contact us at email@example.com.
Why is this crash happening?
Poker Copilot uses a programming language called Java. There’s a known Java bug on macOS that is affecting us. It is hard to reproduce, sporadic, and only affects a small subset of Macs. Other products that also use Java on Mac are currently reporting similar problems.
We need to wait for Oracle, who owns Java, to fix this. Oracle is aware of this problem and has an open bug report where they are tracking their progress on this. In the meantime, we’re trying to find a workaround.
Need more help with this?
Don?t hesitate to contact us here.