Catalina is fussier than earlier versions of macOS. It wants you to explicitly grant permission to apps to do some things they could do by default in earlier versions of macOS.
The first time you run Poker Copilot with Catalina you’ll be prompted to give Poker Copilot permission to:
- access your Downloads and Documents folders. This is necessary for Poker Copilot’s auto-detection of hand history folders. It scans these folders because some poker rooms store your hand histories there by default.
- record your screen. This sounds more ominous than it is. Giving Poker Copilot permission to record your screen is necessary for our HUD to be able to track poker room windows. Without this permission, Poker Copilot can’t tell if your poker room has any windows open.
If you don’t grant these permissions, Poker Copilot can’t function properly.
You can change these settings in macOS’s System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy.
Older Versions of Poker Copilot
Older versions of Poker Copilot do not work on Catalina.
If you want to use Poker Copilot on Catalina you need to run a version released in October 2019 or later.
This is due to changes made by Apple, and is outside of our control.
Troubleshooting on Catalina
Things not working? Follow these steps:
1. Go to your Mac’s System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy.
2. Select Files & Folders
3. Make sure Poker Copilot has permission to access both Downloads and Documents
4. Select Screen Recording
5. Make sure Poker Copilot is enabled.
If you are still having trouble on Catalina, please contact us at email@example.com.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.