This article describes how to move your Poker Copilot database and preferences from a Windows computer to a Mac.
Important note: We will move the Poker Copilot database so it doesn’t need to be built again. However, it is highly recommended that you move all of your hand history files too. If there is a problem with your local database in the future, Poker Copilot will rebuild it by parsing all the hand history files anew. It is always a good idea to keep a backup of all your hand history files so you don’t run the risk of losing your data.
Make sure that you have installed the same version of Poker Copilot on both computers. To check your version number, select Help -> About Poker Copilot from the top menu. This guide assumes that on your new computer, you have a new installation of Poker Copilot. Any existing data or preferences on your new computer will be overwritten.
Exporting data on your old Windows computer
1) On your old computer, make sure Poker Copilot is not running.
2) Open the Windows Explorer (Windows 7) or File Explorer (Windows 8, Windows 10)
3) Copy and paste the following line into the address bar of the Explorer and press enter
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Barbary Software\Poker Copilot
4) In the folder that now opens, there will be a folder called “database”. Copy this entire folder to a backup medium of your choice, for example an USB stick. Depending on the number of hands you have stored, the folder might be very large and copying could take a while. Make sure your destination medium has enough free space.
Exporting preferences on your old Windows computer
1) On your old computer, run Poker Copilot and go to “Preferences > General”
2) Click on “Export preferences” and save that json file to your backup medium.
Importing data to your new Mac
1. Make sure Poker Copilot is not running
2. In Finder, from the Go menu, select “Go to Folder…”
3. In the window that opens, copy and paste the following:
and press enter
4. Replace the “database” folder with the backed up version
5. Start Poker Copilot
Importing preferences to your new Mac
1) On your new Mac, run Poker Copilot and go to “Preferences > General”
2) Click on “Import preferences”, find the json file on your backup medium and double click it
3) Confirm the preferences change by clicking “Import”
Finally, restart Poker Copilot. You should find that all of your preferences and your entire database is exactly as it was on your old Windows computer.
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.