Competitors for Google?
Google delivers 97% of my search engine traffic. Yahoo, Live, and the smaller search engines share the remaining 3%. This situation unsettles me somewhat. Google’s double-top-secret page ranking algorithm is regularly tweaked, and if one of those tweaks were to push Poker Copilot into oblivion, my sales would drop dramatically. It seems that one large company has too much influence on small IT companies like mine that sell solely through the web.
Therefore I wish the best of luck to Google challengers new and old. I’d feel more comfortable if there were a number of viable and competitive search engines, rather than one enormous publicly-listed organisation having a global near-monopoly.